Winter is here and so is it’s produce. Oranges are best is Winter, with the cold breeze and rainy days on going, the trees will feed and grow into a strong ones. Producing lots of juicy oranges, but what to do with all of the produce ?
Check out our recipe of how we do the orange marmalade, this recipe fills up 4 Jars (212ml)
- 4 Laring Malti 4 Maltese Oranges
- 6 Tazzi Zokkor 6 Cups Sugar
- 8 tazzi ilma 8 Cups of Water
- Cut the oranges in half and then into paper thin slices.
- Put the sliced fruit and all of their juices into a pot.
- Add some water and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often and let it bubble. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar until it dissolves.
- Cover and allow to stand at room temperature overnight.
- The next day, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 2 hours.
- Turn the heat to medium and boil gently, stirring often, for another 30 minutes.
- It will be a golden orange color. If the marmalade is runny, continue cooking it. If it is too hard, add more water or fresh orange juice.
- Pour the marmalade into clean, hot jars. Wipe the rim and seal the lids.